I finally – finally – managed to get this up! You guys have no idea the issues we had with this.
This is my first makeover of a series I’m hoping to do if I rope in enough friends/guinea pigs, featuring my good friend Caterina of Kateidoscope.com. She’s never been into makeup, so I thought I’d do an easy, everyday look on her and walk her through all the steps. Today she even asked me to accompany her to Boots and Superdrug to get some drugstore equivalents of all the products I used and I was thrilled she’d liked the look so much! (Click on the post title to continue reading – there’s a full product list with links to where you can purchase them and some drugstore alternatives)
First of all, the backdrop support was missing a piece so we had to find a decent background in my house that wouldn’t be too confusing. Then, the camera stopped filming without us noticing and we lost the whole light foundation + under-eye correcting techniques using the orange colour corrector!
Then, while I was editing, my computer crashed and when I went to finish editing Premiere had exported it as a single sequence file and I couldn’t move things around anymore. That’s why the sound level is a bit off.
The actual products I used are listed below and linked to where you can purchase them online. I highly recommend Space.NK and CultBeauty since they have a lot of cult brands and ship anywhere in the world.
- No heavy foundation
- NO CONTOURING!
- Colour-correcting the redness on her skin and under-eye circles without a lot of concealer
This is a very natural, bronze/gold eye look with light coverage that she can wear every day by going with just one eyeshadow instead of all the ones I used.
- MAC Prep + Prime 24hr Extend Eye Base
- ZOEVA Rose Golden Palette:
– Golden Rule (lid)
- ZOEVA Cocoa Blend Palette:
– Bitter Start (base & browbone highlight)
– Pure Ganache (lid topper)
– Substitute for Love (Crease / Transition)
– Freshly Toasted (Crease / Outer V)
– Freshly Toasted / Beans are White (Eyeliner)
- Chantecaille Faux Cils mascara
- MAC single eyeshadows in Mystery and Wedge (Eyebrows)
- BECCA Backlight Priming Filter
- Make Up For Ever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette – green, orange and concealer
see below for several (affordable) alternatives as I’m not sure you can find this in stores
- Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation in 2 Fair mixed with MUFE Liquid Lift Foundation
- Hourglass Radiant Bronze Light
- MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed in Moonstone
- NARS Light Reflecting Powder Pressed (does NOT give a white cast in photos)
- PIXI Make Up Fixing Mist (great fixing spray for dry and combination skin, hydrates and makes everything last all day and does not melt off your mascara!)
- Nuxe Reve de Miel balm
- MAC lipsticks (mixed an unknown medium pink with Peach Blossom)
Affordable colour correction options:
- KIKO Colour Correction Concealer Wheel
- Max Factor Colour Corrector Stick (Green) – the one Caterina actually bought.
- MakeUp Revolution, COLLECTION, Make Up Academy and Barry M also do concealer and colour correcting palettes at very low drugstore prices (Boots and Superdrug).
- BECCA came out with an under-eye colour corrector but I’ve never tried it.